2021 BCGWA Convention and Pump Installer Course
It’s been 50 years since the BC Water Well Association was founded by a dedicated group of forward thinkers back in 1971. Since then we’ve grown and changed our name to the BC Groundwater Association, while still being driven by the same basic principles of excellence and friendship.
At our 2021 Convention we will look back to honor those who founded the association and those who built it stronger over the past 50 years. We’ll also look ahead to continued excellence and friendship for the next 50 years.
This year’s convention will be a little different, as it’s the first time we will gather together virtually. But don’t let that discourage you. This convention will be easy to attend, full of learning and fun, and a great opportunity to visit with your friends and colleagues.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- It’s Easy! – If you can send an email, you can join us online. All you need is a computer. Just click on a link and you’ll be part of the celebration. And, if you have any problems there’s full online and telephone help.
- It’s Social! – The online convention will be set up in a ballroom with a bunch of tables, just like at our previous conventions. You can see who’s sitting where, so it’s easy to join friends at a table. And as soon as you pick a seat, you’ll automatically be in a Zoom meeting chatting with the people at your table. Not only that, we’ll have social and networking events with lots of time to tell stories and share an adult beverage or two together (in your complementary commemorative mug!).
- It’s Fun and Educational! – We have a packed agenda planned, including a special 50th anniversary celebration with guest speakers and more. We will also have workshops, technical sessions and social events (see attached preliminary agenda).
So plan to join us in April and let’s party like it’s 1971! Hawaiian shirts optional…
Notes for Delegates
- Delegate pass includes entry to all convention events (except Pump Installer Course), commemorative 50th Anniversary Beer Mug or Coffee Mug (your choice)
- NEW! Buy one delegate pass at regular price, all additional passes for the same company at discounted rate
Notes for Sponsors
- Sponsorship includes one delegate pass, company logo on table in virtual conference hall, seat reserved at table, company logo prominently displayed on all conference communications
- GOLD sponsorship is for larger front row table (8 people), includes logo on commemorative beer/coffee mug sent to all delegates, includes optional virtual tradeshow booth in ballroom
- SILVER sponsorship is for smaller second and third row table (6 people)
- More details contact: email@example.com
Notes for Pump Installer Course
- This course reviews those aspects of hydrogeology, well pumping systems, workplace safety, regulations, and industry best practices that pertain to the installation, troubleshooting, and repair of well pump systems. The course is designed to help individuals prepare to challenge the ITA Well Pump Installer certification exam, but is also open to other groundwater practitioners, including consulting engineers, government agents, and well drillers.
- Contact the ITA for information regarding certification exam locations and times: www.itabc.ca/exams/writing-your-exams